Winter school break is finally on its way or here for many schools in the Metro East Region. Students and teachers will head out for the holiday away from the classroom and classes. This is the time that the janitorial staff head in and get much-needed cleaning done. A lot is gonna happen in this one week. This is your chance to tackle cleaning in your classroom while your students are not there.
When you have a high amount of people in one classroom, there is going to be a lot of germs produced. Now multiply that across each room throughout the school. Germs are everywhere! These germs spread quickly and easily during the winter. This is why it is important to get your school and your classroom clean and disinfected from germs like the flu and Coronavirus. Here is your winter break cleaning checklist.
Winter break cleaning list
Start With Your Entryways
- Eradicate every trace of grime, salt, and snow.
- Scrub and recoat if necessary.
- Vacuum and steam-clean entry matting.
- Consider replacing matting if necessary. It’s your first line of defense!
Clean Your Walls
- Spot-clean hallway and classroom walls.
- It’s a good time to paint chipped or worn surfaces. Earlier in winter break is best so that paint fumes have disappeared before the students return.
Clean Your Desks
Remove dust – this allergen must go. Vacuum all surfaces including:
- Air vents
Clean Your Bathrooms
- Toilets and urinals. Clean, remove stains, sanitize.
- Clean and sanitize
- Polish mirrors
- Check floor drains and clean if necessary
- Remove stubborn stains from grout
- Clean and sanitize all ‘touch surfaces’ – faucets, door handles, flush buttons.
Clean Your Floors
- Scrub to remove dirt, grit, and sand
- Remove any slurry and rinse to make sure all residue is removed.
- Allow the floor to dry.
- Apply finish thinly and evenly. This could take 2 – 4 coats.
- Burnish for a glossy finish.
What You Are Going To Need For Tools:
- Burnishers and Floor machines
- Parts and consumables for all your machinery
- All-purpose cleaners
- Bathroom cleaners
- Furniture polish
- Glass cleaner
- Specific floorcare products
What Does A Cleaning Service Cost?
When it's time to look for a new cleaning service it may seem like a daunting task. Our FREE pricing guide will help you to determine what a cleaning service should cost for your facility. Here's what's in our guide:
- What factors determine costs
- How to request a fair cleaning quote
- How to compare hidden cost in cleaning
- Rooms and Square footage for cleaning